- This event has passed.
PADEM Online visit Mongolia
21 July 2021 @ 10h00 - 12h00
PADEM is organizing an online visit of its eco-construction project in the countryside of Mongolia, funded by the Ministry of Environment of Luxemburg. The aim of this (working) online visit is to show the first project activities to close partners of PADEM in order to get feedback.
Wednesday 21/07/2021, 10:00 French time (16:00 Mongolian time), online.
Link to access the visit:
ID of the meeting: 867 1175 1415
Password of the meeting: PADEM
- Introduction on PADEM activities in Mongolia – 5min
- Introduction on the project in partnership with Ecosoum NGO – 5min
- Visit of the cooperative of construction – 10min
- Movement to the construction site and first questions – 10min
- Site visit (office building under construction) – 10min
- Questions and answers – 20min or more
Improve the resilience of Mongolian rural communities through the development of insulation and local sustainable construction
- Development and construction of a production unit for compressed earth bricks (CEB) pilot in Khishig-Undur, training of teams of builders, production of CEB and replication in 3 other villages
- Design and construction of prototype constructions (housing, work building, livestock shelters) in Khishig-Undur and replication in 3 other villages
- Reinforcement of resilience against climate change for the populations of 4 villages: awareness raising on climate change issues, training and implementation of insulation works for households
- Capitalization, advocacy and dissemination of activities at provincial and national levels
The project indirectly affects 12 000 people, the population of 4 villages, and more directly:
- 2 000 inhabitants benefit from the uses of prototype buildings
- 480 benefit from isolated housing
- 320 benefit from the economic benefits of the project
- 50 nomads benefit from shelter for their livestock.